Saturday, May 16, 2009

Dry Bones Denver

Hello everyone! I am so excited to share with you the opportunity God has given me for this summer. I am moving to Denver, Colorado to work with Dry Bones. Dry Bones is essentially a group of people who love God who have devoted to spending their time with homeless people (mainly youth) that live on the streets of Denver. I don't even remember how I heard of Dry Bones, I think Payton McCollum told me about it, but I applied for an internship there. I interviewed with some of the staff on Skype since I couldn't go out to Denver for the interview; I was so nervous and I had no idea what to expect. After I interviewed, I knew that I really wanted to become an intern there. I had been praying that God would lead me to a place where I could truly serve, and I felt sure that He had put this in front of me for a reason. After a few days packed with hopeful prayer, I got a call telling me that I got the internship! I have been so excited ever since and I can not wait to go; I think about it every day. :)

I leave for Denver early morning on May 31. I ask for all of your prayers. I know that this experience is going to be wonderful, but I also know that it is going to be very hard. I am going to need your support through prayer everyday. I already received monetary support from many of my closest friends and family members; for this I can never thank you guys enough. You really have no idea what it means to me. I love all of you.

The purpose of this blog is to keep you updated so that you will know what I am doing, where I am , etc. I also want to share the experiences and growth that take place this summer. I am not sure how often I will update this blog and I do not know what my entires will be like; I can not really know at this point. I hope that you continue reading and that you are encouraged.

3 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you and I am so encouraged by your post. I know you will do a great job at Dry Bones, because you have the willpower and determination to get the job done. Have a great summer! May God Be With You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun in Denver!! I cant believe we are all grown up already!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you!! Lacee will be so bummed that you wont be at MSYC this year, but this is certainly an awesome experience. I look forward to following your blog!! Much love from us!!

    ReplyDelete