Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hello everyone! I have so much to catch you up on. We left for the mountains on Monday morning. The drive there was incredible. It was the most beautiful drive I have ever been on. Colorado is a beautiful place. We started hiking up, and we got into some snow, so we had to use snowshoes. I was challenged by the altitude; I had some trouble breathing, but nothing bad. We hiked up to this beautiful cabin on the mountain. The staff tricked the interns into thinking that we were camping, but they surprised us with this incredible cabin. We did a lot of orientation stuff, very interesting stuff. We also did get to know you stuff- that was so much fun. We had awesome food at the cabin. The other interns are seriously awesome. Everyone comes from such different backgrounds and has such different beliefs; it is so cool. We laughed so much while we were at the cabin. The staff is awesome too. Nikki and Matt are funny and very giving, Robbie is so loving, Zach is super outgoing and fun (reminds me of Colton Mulligan), and Reb is just awesome. I don't think I have laughed so hard in so long. These people are so wonderful in so many ways. We hiked out on Wednesday morning. The hike was awesome. It had been snowing the whole week, but it cleared up Wednesday and it was so beautiful. When we got back, JoAnna and I went out to eat with Sherry, the woman we live with. After that we got coffee at a great place called Stella's with the other interns. We ended up staying for over three hours just talking. Today we learned how to pack meals for Elevations trips, then we went on a turf tour. The turf tour was really cool. I had never been to downtown Denver, and it was just really interesting to see the contrast from rich to poor. After the turf tour, we went bowling with some of the street kids. It was really fun; they made a lot of fun of my nonexistent bowling skills. We hung out with some street kids while they were eating after bowling, then some of the staff and interns went out to eat. I can not explain how incredible this place is. There are so many serving Christians that I have met and so many cool street kids. It is hard for me to write how awesome it is here, you just have to believe me!

3 comments:

  1. So happy for you and so excited to hear what good is done this summer! You are in my prayers, Mad. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your having a great time already. It's fun to meet Christians that aren't from conservative West Tennessee. It's helps me focus on the truly important aspects of the gospel and the real message jesus brought to us from the Father. Phillip Nicholas and I leave tomorrow on our 2 week motrocycle adventure out west. We'll be in Colorado starting Monday the 15th. If we get over to Denver we'll stop and buy you a coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mad... I am so glad you are doing this. I hope you know that I am very proud of you! Yay for snow shoes in June!!!!

    ReplyDelete